The African Violet Collection

The African Violet Collection
The Queen of House Plants

Monday, March 5, 2012

Featured plant: Shasta Daisy

SHASTA DAISY, 100 seeds,perennial, she loves me, she loves me not,
zoom
Shasta Daisy, (Chrysanthemum maximum) Perennial. Zones 4-10. She loves me, she loves me not, she loves me....the flower of love determination. This is a domestic creation from the oxeye daisy. Blooms are often 4" across on plants that produce prolifically. Grows to 30" when happy. What makes it happy? Full sun, water when dry, and fertile soil. It can tolerate some drought so is good in xeriscapes. It is said to be resistant to deer...but I always wonder. I've never seen deer pass up any plant that I like too. Daisies attract butterflies and bees and are very suitable for a moon or white garden. Just an all around good plant for the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment